Tuesday, December 29, 2009

December 29, 2009

I need to explain this photo. First of all I got a new Canon 500D close-up lens today that turns my 70-200mm lens into a (almost 1:1) macro lens. Greg just happened to be playing around today making a battery out of pennies so I thought it would make an interesting item to practice my new lens on! More explanation on what you're looking at...a stack of 8 pennies (with the copper plating shaved off one side of each to expose the zinc) with a thin piece of cardboard soaked in salt water layered in between each penny. Then, it was all taped together. As you can see, that's all that's required to light this little LED! Cool huh?

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you explained this, I had no idea what I was looking at!! But it's a great macro, seems like that lens is really awesome!

    ReplyDelete